Over a quarter (28%) of businesses in the UK now have a fully formed digital transformation strategy in place, and over half (54%) are in the process of implementing one, according to the latest research from Cloud Industry Forum (CIF). Critically the Cloud is seen as either very important or vital to organisations’ digital strategies to 82% of respondents.
Key findings include:
- Over a quarter (28%) of businesses have a fully formed digital transformation strategy in place, and over half (54%) are in the process of implementing one
- Cloud is critical to 22% of respondents’ digital transformation projects and very important in 60% of the sample
- Organisations are continuing to harness the benefits of the Cloud with 93% now using cloud-based services in one form or another
- 71% of businesses plan to build new applications for the Cloud in the future, moving away from legacy in favour of a more cloud-native approach and 87% expecting to increase their use of Cloud in the next year
- However, there are challenges: around a third of IT projects are not being completed on time or budget