Subscribe - news & resources
Webinar: The Green Cloud: Cloud Computing and Sustainability
Recorded May 18 2021 | 63 mins
Presented by Alex Hilton, CIF | Mateo Dugand, HPE | Dr Elaine Hargreaves, Microsoft | James Hollins, Claranet | Akhil Handa, EARTH 51
About this webinar
- Mateo Dugand - Sustainable Transformation at Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Akhil Handa - CEO at EARTH 51
- James Hollins - Senior Cloud Solutions Architect at Claranet
- Dr Elaine Hargreaves - Digital Transformation and Industry Lead at Microsoft
The cloud isn’t just helping businesses be more efficient, secure, agile and flexible, it’s also helping them be more environmentally friendly. In fact, ‘migrations to the public cloud reduce CO2 emissions by 59 million tons per year which equates to taking 22 million cars off the road,’ according to Accenture.
Along with reducing carbon emissions, cloud is also enabling organizations to drive ‘responsible innovation’, and as a result cloud and sustainability is increasingly gaining traction in the boardroom. And for cloud computing giants GCP, Azure and Microsoft and AWS, ‘environmental sustainability has become a major new competitive battleground’, argues Verdict.
In episode 19 of Digital Transformation in Action, Alex Hilton and guests are looking at the green cloud, and diving into how it can help companies reduce carbon emissions. meet their sustainability targets and innovation goals. Join us to hear:
- What the green cloud really means
- How to make sure your cloud infrastructure and migration approach uses vendors that have the same or similar corporate sustainability commitments
- How cloud-based infrastructure can lead to further environmental and financial benefits through impact on other operations, product lines and services
- How sustainable initiatives can make the difference between winning and losing new customers