Subscribe - news & resources
Webinar: Better Together: Exploring Cloud and Edge Computing Synergies
- Date: Tuesday 13 Sept 2022
- Time: 4pm, then on demand
- Presented by: Alex Hilton, Cloud Industry Forum and guests
About this webinar
According to Statista, ‘the total installed base of Internet of Things (IoT) connected devices worldwide is projected to amount to 30.9 billion units by 2025, a sharp jump from the 13.8 billion units that are expected in 2021.’ The amount of data that these devices produce that needs to be processed is almost hard to fathom, and cloud alone cannot cope with the sheer number of data sets. Which is where Edge computing comes in.
Edge computing sees the deployment of computing and storage at the location where data is produced, be that a supermarket, a factory or a university. With Edge vs Cloud being a hotly debated topic in recent years, it’s time to address their definitions and how they can strengthen each other - and the businesses that utilize them.
Join Alex Hilton, CEO of Cloud Industry Forum, and guests in this live panel where they do just this and more - including:
- Use cases for cloud and Edge computing in 2022 and beyond
- How cloud and Edge computing can not just peacefully co-exist, but work in synergy
- Why Edge is no longer just for devices anymore, and what this means for cloud
- How Edge and cloud can work together to help businesses thrive in the AI and 5G era
- And more