Subscribe - news & resources
News Roundup 5 March
Latest Industry News
- 41% of organisations believe remote working is still not as secure as the office, says Cloud Industry Forum research – CIF
- Microsoft Ignite 2021: Satya Nadella’s 5 ‘Key Attributes’ To Drive Cloud. CEO Satya Nadella’s keynote - Microsoft
- More than half of firms believe flexible working is a 'positive' for company – ChannelWeb
- Budget 2021: Tax relief for data and cloud, digital skills for SMEs, more IT firepower for HMRC – ComputerWeekly
- International Women's Day 2021: Female tech titans on how to thrive in the enterprise and beyond - TechRepublic
- HAFNIUM targeting Exchange Servers with 0-day exploits – Microsoft
- Scaling IoT to meet enterprise needs – Deloitte
- What is green cloud? – ITPro
Latest in the Cloud
UK data laws are adequate. For now.
By Frank Jennings, The Cloud Lawyer.
The EU Commission has issued draft decisions that UK data laws are adequate for data transfers to continue. Perhaps the only surprise was that it took the Commission so long to issue these draft decisions. After all, the UK has had data protection laws longer than the EU. The latest iteration, GDPR, became enforceable in 2018 in the UK just as it did in the other EU member states. And the EU Withdrawal Act preserved its effect in the UK. All part of the political fun and games in the Brexit negotiations.
Cloud Events and Webinars
- 30 free tickets available for In Pursuit of Tomorrow with Kevin Gaskell Former CEO of Porsche, Lamborghini and BMW.
Unlocking the Data Economy with the Power of the Cloud: Strategies for Success | 16 March'21 | 4pm
Reducing risk in the cloud – What you haven’t considered | 17 March'21 | 9.30am - 10.30am
Live Panel: The future of cloud security | 18 March'21 | 10.50am - 11.30am
Defining Your Remote Working Strategy | 24 March'21 | 3pm & OnDemand
Member event: Cloud Industry Forum members meeting | 14 April'21 | 10am - 12pm
More from the Industry
Webinar | Cloud Migration: Why, How and When
In this newly cloud-first world - driven by the Digital Transformation necessitated by the pandemic - there’s never been a more crucial time to make sure your cloud migration is a success. In this episode of DT in Action, CIF and guest experts share the essential considerations of cloud migration.
Cloud Industry Forum | Data Intensity | Matillion | Fujitsu
You'll hear everything you ever wanted to know about upgrading to about the benefits of using Oracle E-Business Suite in the cloud version 12.2 from Data Intensity and Arcivate, including an overview of Arcivate’s story to date, and how they can help you release value by enhancing and automating your business processes.
Webinar | Arcivate: Upgrading Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2 In The Cloud | Data Intensity
Webinar | Zero Trust with Cloud App Security | Softwerx
This webinar presented by Matt Smith, Microsoft Solutions Architect from Softwerx, explores the basics of Microsoft Cloud App Security and looks at how we integrate with Conditional Access and Microsoft Defender for Endpoint to address security gaps in an organization’s use of cloud services.
Adapt, Innovate, Advance!
Digital Transformation in the Covid era
The cloud delivered for over 90 per cent of UK plc when tackling the challenge of COVID.Cloud Industry Forum research finds that COVID put the Cloud to test and it passed with flying colours.