Subscribe - news & resources
Member event - Webinar: Digital Transformation - lessons to learn from lockdown
- Date: Thursday 16 July, 2020
- Time: 3pm
At Wallace, we transformed our business to enable our staff to work from home. You have probably done the same at your business, possibly by hurriedly implementing new software or services to allow your business to continue during the lockdown. If so, you should now evaluate what you’ve signed up to. In particular:
- Do you know what your remedy is if the new service suffers an outage?
- Have you signed up to no/low obligation “as is” service?
- Are low value service credits your sole remedy and are they even worth claiming - or has the service provider excluded all liability?
- Do they handle and store your data in a GDPR-compliant manner?
- What happens to your IT staff if you’ve effectively outsourced your IT?
- What is your plan if your new provider goes bust and how can you get your data back?
Frank Jennings, Partner and our head of commercial contracts regularly advises both IT providers and customers. He advises from both perspectives and knows what providers put in their contracts, what the risks are to customers and where to look.
This webinar is an opportunity to hear first-hand how to identify and manage risk and how to reconcile the opposing positions of the IT provider and the customer.
- 25 minute discussion from Frank
- 20 minute interactive Q&A