Subscribe - news & resources
Managing Cloud Migration: Lift & Shift or Going Cloud Native?
- Date: Tuesday 24 May 2022
- Time: 4pm, then on demand
- Presented by: Alex Hilton, Cloud Industry Forum | Greg Rivera - CAST | Aidan Walden - Fortinet | Simon Ratcliffe - Ensono | Jerzy Dörfler - PGS Software
About this webinar
An increasing number of organizations are deciding to move their digital operations into the cloud, but this is only the first step in a long migration process. Today’s companies are presented with several options on how to get to the cloud and this choice carries seriously high stakes. Get it right and the business will see cost savings and improved performance. Get it wrong and join McKinsey’s estimated 70% of companies whose digital transformation efforts failed.
For some, the right choice is to embrace the simplest switchover method, known as “lift and shift.” This maps existing applications directly onto a cloud structure, removing the need to modify the applications themselves and shortening the migration process. Others will prefer a comprehensive cloud native-strategy that requires a lot more development and retraining, but may be a smarter long-term approach.
Tune into this episode of Digital Transformation in Action to work out what is the right choice for your organization.
Specifically, we’ll look at:
- The migration options on the table, whether IaaS, PaaS or SaaS
- The limits, opportunities and best company fits of each approach
- Some of the more common pitfalls that organizations fall into
- And more