Subscribe - news & resources
Data Security in the Cloud
- Date: Wednesday, 15th June, 2016
- Location: London
More and more businesses are moving their data into the cloud. It’s simple and scalable… but is it secure? The lingering concerns that companies have are primarily focused around understanding the business risk, knowing the right questions to ask when it comes to contracting cloud services, and transparency of data storage and movement. You have to share data with both employees and suppliers – how can you do this in the safest possible way?
Data Security in the Cloud will address the practical aspects of securing data in the cloud environment. The programme looks at how to get the right services to suit each company’s requirements, managing data classification and encryption, and improving access security
CIF’s CEO Alex Hilton will be hosting an expert speaker panel debate on ‘Improving communications to get what you need from your cloud service provider’ to get all those involved in purchasing cloud services on stage to discuss what needs to be considered before signing the contract.
- Getting the board buy-in
- Ensuring everyone understands both the business and security requirements
- Achieving cross-discipline collaboration to work on similar systems, processes and data
- Trusting your cloud service provider: the importance of due diligence
- Communicating effectively with the cloud provider: asking for the right services